Leads and oversees the Global Technology Servicesfinancials for Canada, Caribbean and LATAM, ensuring business strategies and financial plans are executed / delivered in compliance with GTS key objectives and ensuring governance, local regulations and internal policies and procedures.
·Leads and drives the experience of the customers for the countries receiving GTS services. This includes to be in contact with the teams from the offices of the CIOs, CFOs and other stakeholders by creating solid relationships and leverage broader knowledge from the finance, taxation, accounting, operating budgets and general management perspectives.
·Manage multi-country profit financial plans to meet the business requirements, processes and deliver.
·Financial reports to secure consensus and co-operation from end users to key stakeholders from the senior management team in the countries and at head office level.
·Provide business support and insights as IT financial services matter expert to all units within the scope of accountability. This includes continuously communicating the financial results, explaining the key components of the GTS Costs profile and collaborating with local IT planning and finance teams in solving and attending different requirements such taxation audits, financial consolidation reports, analysis of consumption trends of the services, SCT Initiatives and overall business cases financial support.
·Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of both the Bank’s and the GTS business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies as well as local and international regulatory requirements to be able to provide effective financial and business solutions to support GTS management and key stakeholders within the bank.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity and quality of GTS’s financial reporting to manage annual budgets, profit-planning, forecasting, reporting, and day-to-day support of GTS transit owners
- Responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of all Financial Planning & Analysis reporting requirements such as but not limited to: monthly and quarterly forecasts (post quarter and mini update), headcount analysis, variance analysis and commentaries for Executive reporting
- Provides monthly and quarterly operating budget reports to Global Finance, GTS transit owners (VPs, SVPs), Local CFOs and CIOs, and Business Line Finance teams.
- Responsible for overseeing the analysis of monthly expenditures, requesting information from transit owners, and other business units to explain and, in some cases, justify expenditures and allocations to provide rationale for increases
- Responsible for ensuring the forecast is created with accuracy and all key drivers for the functional units are considered to align actuals to annual plan
- Responsible for the annual budget preparation, including analysis for growth and budget changes, for senior executives in the countries in scope and Executive Offices.
- Responsible for supporting the preparation of the annual Financial Report. Works with GTS Executives, IT&S Finance, HR, SCT teams and staff in Canada and International locations to gather and validate inputs to the final report
- Prepares presentations to GTS Executives to support expense management/reduction initiatives
- Supports the GTS enterprise productivity reporting and tracking for operating and headcount benefits
- Develop executive reporting packages and analysis
- Creates guidance documentation to ensure transit owners can adhere to budgeting and complement requirements
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures
- What about KPIs/metrics?
- Thorough understanding of Business Line Allocations to effectively communicate to stakeholders
- Supports the finance technology tools, leveraging them to optimize processes through tool enhancements and ongoing innovation
- Understands the Bank’s IT strategy and digital culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications
- Develop and guide formal business case process, and track benefits realization for approved initiatives
- Managing end to end results from business cases development to implementation to benefits realization management
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook, Enterprise Delivery Framework for IT&S project portfolio and the Guidelines for Business Conduct