Marketing Corporate Director (CMO), MexicoPostula
Lead and supervise the Marketing Department in Mexico and ensure that business strategies, plans and initiatives are carried out or complied with in accordance with current internal regulations, policies and procedures.
Core Marketing responsibilities
• Lead and drive a customer-centric culture for the entire team in order to deepen customer relationships and take advantage of the Bank's extensive relationships, as well as its systems and knowledge.
• Identify and define strategic and tactical segment-specific Marketing strategies in support of all Business Lines (Wealth Management, Retail, Consumer Finance, Commercial and Small Business).
• Define and implement methodologies for measuring and reporting on Brand Equity and Awareness as a standardized situation and performance measure in the Mexican market. Ensure Brand information is utilized as key input into the formulation of the annual marketing plan inclusive of the spend allocation.
• Champion the alignment of the Scotiabank Brand within the International Bank and work with partners in Domestic with ongoing evolution/development.
• Lead alignment of the corporate core purpose and values within the division via consistent communication of the Scotiabank Brand. Ensure ongoing alignment of whole customer experience for identified key target segments (Brand, Segment, Product & Service).
• Undertake post campaign reviews to capture lessons learned and refine lateral/cross functional approach for future program development.
• Lead efforts to identify and leverage sponsorship opportunities.
• Strategically plan and assign resources to maximize effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Development and maintenance of productive relationships with key partners like agencies and suppliers.
• Guarantee the positioning and recognition of Scotiabank´s trademarks, taglines and logos, growing the top and share of mind, defining commercialization and sales communication processes.
• Lead annual media plan to maximize overall effectiveness (awareness/share of spend). Maximize efficiencies through integration with media plans and ongoing management of media purchasing agent (Carat).
• Lead annual plan that identifies, prioritizes and schedules initiatives for activities affecting the channels and business lines. Review progress against plans, and manage changes to those plans and implementation schedules as appropriate.
• Work closely with segments, business lines and Sales & Service to ensure Consumer Insights (Research & Customer Analytics) are fully utilized to define business strategy, guide development and measure success.
• Develop and employ quantitative and qualitative customer information to help define segment strategies (targets and value propositions), develop solutions and measure success.
• Ensure standardized customer scoring, segmentation and metrics are established and utilized (standard reporting) to measure success against Acquire, Deepen and Retain customer strategy.
• Identify and develop appropriate Customer metrics, as appropriate to drive the behaviours, as required in support of the distinct strategies and specific opportunities of Mexico, primarily under a customer acquisition focus.
• Develop and fulfill consumer research, to understand the customer issues, attrition risks and relevant Brand attributes required to formulate the go-forward Marketing strategy and Brand transition communication plans;
• Identifies the key Retail and Commercial customer segments through consumer insight research and measurement inclusive of the value propositions.
• Develop strategies specific to the collection of all relevant external Customer/Consumer data and the creation of useful knowledge to define and develop customer segment strategies and tactics. Work with all relevant stakeholder groups in Mexico.
• Define clients’ profiles according to specific segments and life cycles, that are susceptible to cross and up sale.
• Understand the Bank's risk culture and how risk appetite should be considered in daily activities and decisions.
• Create an environment where your team performs efficient and effective operations in their respective areas, while ensuring compliance and effectiveness of daily business controls in order to comply with obligations aimed at reducing operational risk, the risk of regulatory noncompliance, the risk of money laundering and financing of terrorism and conduct risk, which include the responsibilities established under the Operational Risk Management Framework, the Risk Management Framework for Regulatory Compliance, the International Manual Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Responsible for providing induction to the position to each new contributor to the team, (whether for new income, promotion or side change), providing general information about the GFSBI, (vision, mission and culture) as well as explaining its job description, key roles and objectives in order for the collaborator to place their role within the GFSBI by strengthening their sense of belonging and reduce the time of the learning curve.
• Promote a high-performance environment and implements a strategy for the workforce that attracts, retains, develops and motivates your team, and to achieve this, foster an inclusive work environment, communicates vision, values and business strategy and manages a succession and development plan for the team
Digital Marketing responsibilities
• Develop digital initiatives that deliver increased brand awareness and customer engagement.
• Integrate brand guidelines and CVP across Digital channels, primarily Public Website.
• Test and Learn Emerging Channels into Marketing/Media Mix. Integrate various Social marketing tactics to all digital initiatives.
• Support acquisition and retention strategies via the delivery of innovative, relevant and measurable digital marketing initiatives.
• Develop and execute digital marketing support on all planned Segment/Business Line initiatives. Detail reporting that quantify Digital Marketing Effectiveness.
• Optimize SEO in Online Channels to increase website traffic volume and improve sales.
• Grow sales using DMPs, Google, FB and other channel´s ecosystems, optimizing CPC/CPL/CPA rates.
• Develop and execute Customer Contact Strategy to optimize direct solicitations of customers across all channels including branches, call centres, mobile & 3rd external sales forces, ABMs, online, e-mail, SMS, push notifications, whatsapp, etc.
• Support Sales and Service strategies via the development of an actionable CRM customer segmentation solution. Create central leads program supporting proactive contact initiatives.
• Design and deliver automated digital direct marketing customer journeys in support of segments and Business lines to welcome, activate, encourage loyalty and avoid customer attrition.
• Define and conduct growth strategies through deposit and lending, by means of analyzing and exploiting internal and external databases, applying the necessary techniques, tools and systems.
• Ensure standard measures of success are utilized to analyze, learn and improve performance of all initiatives.
• Boost our social media channels and use content as a driver to increase engagement and sales through these channels.
• Past experience leading MKT departments in consumer goods´ companies and more recent experience in leading Pure Digital, digital retail or tech companies MKT teams.
• Deep experience in Growth MKT, Email MKT, SEO and Social Media tools and strategy.
• Focused on client
• Strategic Thinking
• Strategically Influence
• Communication skills
• Leadership in change
• Focused on results
• Lead and develop Talented Employees
• Intercultural Leadership
We offer a positive work environment, better benefits package than average, and the opportunity to participate in volunteer and social responsibility programs. Scotiabank is an international bank considered one of the best financial group to work in Mexico.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
** Scotiabank is an inclusive company, which respects diversity and disapproves any type of discrimination **