At Scotiabank we have created Digital Factory, with the purpose of creating a digital bank that simplifies people's lives and helps them achieve their goals through relevant, inclusive and reliable experiences, with the best local talent.
Purpose of the position:
Analytics Director will lead the strategic direction for embedding all the data & analytics capabilities built by and/or available to the Bank to the decision-making processes and solution designs that meet customer needs, with emphasis on the digital channels. These capabilities include predictive modeling, machine learning, optimization, data asset creation and evolution, and business intelligence. The incumbent will actively work on, and manage a team that works on, customer interaction analytics projects and insight generation using statistical analysis, machine learning, data mining and numerical optimization techniques.
What we expect from you?
- Graduate degree statistics, operations research, engineering, mathematics or a field strongly leveraging these domains.
- Minimum 7 years of related/relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of digital channels and banking products and marketing processes.
- Strong theoretical knowledge, practical understanding and hands-on experience of statistical, optimization and data mining techniques.
- Advanced skills in R, Python, SQL, AWS, Azure or Google Cloud are an asset.
- Experienced at utilizing credit bureau information and other 3rd-party data sources in conjunction with internal bank information.
What challenges will you face?
-Advanced Analytics and Predictive Modelling: Lead the predictive analytics team through their development and maintenance of a suite of statistical models that support direct marketing campaigns and real-time customer interactions. Develop and implement advanced analytical work to support revenue generation through sales and digital adoption, loss prevention through fraud detection and access/authentication engine. Implement numerical optimization principles to improve customer-offer selection and the allocation of resources. Further develop the group’s capabilities to target external prospects in order to acquire net new customers to the Bank. Develop policies and procedures to monitor model performance and ensure their timely updating.
-Direct application of traditional and advanced analytics in support of the Digital Factoryinitiatives. Stay current on emerging trends in digital banking and leveraging all the capabilities built by various groups in the analytics community. Analyze customer usage and experience in current digital platforms. Build machine learning models that support the build of new functionalities and customer experience flows in the digital channels. Conduct AB testing and define metrics that assess product readiness for full deployment.
-Digital Data Assets and Data Products: Own, build & delivery data assets for digital data domains and digital consumption of data. Maintain operational excellence in data quality and velocity, platform reliablity and operational efficiency. Co-create and spearhead the evolution and adoption of data platforms to deliver value to the business and to our customers.
-Partner with business lines and other teams and champion the usage and further development of the test and learn environment to generate improved incremental revenue from customer interactions. Evolve the customer interactions from a predominately campaign model to one that also leverages the “always on” real-time approach.
- Maintain a robust statistical modelling environment. Identify data gaps within the analytical environment and lead projects to acquire such information to improve the decision making environment. Identify and implement procedures to enhance the analytical environment to improve campaign and marketing decision making. Identify, test and implement enhanced statistical (e.g. statistical and optimization) capabilities of the team.
- Coaching and development of staff: The incumbent is responsible for the coaching and training of their managers with respect to personal development as well as analytical skills.
- Other duties as assigned: Other ad hoc assignments or special projects from the SVP, Analytics.
Ofrecemos un buen ambiente laboral, prestaciones superiores a las de ley, la oportunidad para realizar voluntariado y/o actividades de Responsabilidad Social. Scotiabank esta considerado como el mejor grupo financiero para trabajar en Perú y con presencia internacional.
Agradecemos tu interés, sin embargo, únicamente los candidatos/as seleccionados para entrevista serán contactados.
**Scotiabank es una empresa incluyente, que respeta la diversidad y no hace ningún tipo de discriminación**