Software Engineer III, IOSPostula
Contributes to the overall success of the Software Engineer III in the iOS chapter at Scotiabank Peru ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/ delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Design and development of web/mobile software components and services that leverage and extend digital capabilities and provide world-class digital experiences.
- Develop high quality, mantainable and evolvable software, caring for key software metrics and assuring proper testability and testing coverage.
- Follow, develop and promote secure coding practices, being aware of potential security vulnerabilities and guarding from them.
- Take operational ownership for the software you build and support. Work with multidisciplinary teams to solve major incidents, improve SLOs and guarantee a world-class customer experience. Note this may require working outside office hours on occasion.
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle, take leadership for features at a team/squad level and take ownership for your work and your craft.
- Use technologies like Swift, iOS SDK, Apple Services, Xcode, Swift Package Manager, Local Authentication, Push Notifications, Apple Wallet, Apple Pay and Fastlane
- Build iOS mobile applications, user experiences and reusable components, and take part of the development of our next generation platforms.
- Use technologies like Swift, iOS SDK, Apple Services, Xcode and Carthage, are highly skilled in software engineering and computer science, and love to learn and co-create with multidisciplinary teams.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Primary Skills Areas:
- Software Design and Architecture
- Programming Languages & Environments
- Functional Programming, Algorithms and Data Structures
- Frontend Development
- Software Testing, Evolution and Maintenance
- Operating Systems and Platforms
- Secure Coding
Secondary Skills Areas
- Solution Design and Architecture
- Technology Architecture
- Retail Banking Business Domains
- Backend Development
- Cloud Computing
- Behavior Driven Development
- Test Automation
- Continuous Integration
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Threat Modeling
- Application Security
Developing and Coaching People
- Provide informal coaching and mentoring to junior team members. Builds trust and solidifies credibility within team and leaders/coaches.
- Encourages and supports colleagues in fulfilling their goals.
- Is very open to feedback and seeks it constantly.
- Contribute to the development of the team/project roadmap, taking into consideration the Digital Banking roadmap and Scotiabank strategic plan.
Prioritization & Value Delivery
- Collaborates with leaders/team members to effectively prepare for upcoming deliverables.
- Delivers results that meet desired customer, business and technical outcomes. Balances scope and flexibility to deliver results while managing expectations with stakeholders.
- Independently comes to the table with solutions that are substantiated with thoughtful considerations (Eg. Pros/cons) and analytics
- During decision making, actively sources accurate data and demonstrates ability to use it effectively to produce meaningful solutions.
- Leverage relevant stakeholders within Digital Banking and Scotiabank.
- Flex your ability in your technical subject area of expertise in order to make a meaningful impact. Equip yourself and peers to manage ongoing change.
- Drive meaningful change within your technical subject area of expertise.
- Fully understand the communication channels that are applicable to your role and your key stakeholders, and use them appropriately for inbound and outbound messages.
- Fully understand diverse communication styles and tailor messages appropriate to your audience.
- Leverages a targeted customer approach.
- Actively considers customer needs via research, feedback mechanisms, and design thinking.
- Consistently collaborates with customers and/or customer-facing team members to obtain first- hand knowledge of needs (eg. Customer testing, data analytics, working with front-line staff).
- Responds thoughtfully and strategically to customer needs by leveraging research/findings to initiate features that are targeted at enhancing the customer experience.
- Prioritizes quality to reduce customer facing bugs or issues.
Self-awareness & Development
- Understands own motivations and career goals; actively plans for career development.
- Seeks specific development opportunities that would normally take one outside one’s comfort zone; committing to continuous improvement by seeking opportunities for stretch goals and projects.
- Fully aware of one’s strengths and weaknesses and seeks out feedback from multiple sources, particularly those who might have unique perspectives
- Contributes positively to the CoP through active participation and the development of personal and team development programs.
- Understand and operate effectively in an agile environment.
- Take active part in assuring definition of ready and definition of done criteria are met, interacting with other roles and functions.
- Identify blockers and risks and proactively work to remove them or manage them, delegating and escalating when needed.
- Typically 4 years of industry experience or more.
En Scotiabank estamos interesados en promover tu desarrollo profesional dentro de un ambiente de equidad, diversidad e inclusión. Tu postulación contribuye a la identificación del talento, gracias por participar en esta convocatoria!
En caso no puedas cargar tu curriculum vitae en nuestra plataforma, revisa el peso del mismo que debe de tener como máximo 5MB, puede ser versión PDF o Word. Te sugerimos que en la opción de "Formato simple de curriculum" puedas ingresar tu información. No olvides que es importante actualizar siempre tu curriculum y en caso que hayas olvidado tu contraseña o usuario por favor seguir a detalle los pasos para recuperarlos.
Tomar en cuenta que los postulantes seleccionados se regirán a un paquete estrictamente local, sujeto a requisitos y limitaciones de índole reglamentaria u otra, tales como la obligación de tener un permiso de trabajo o diversas restricciones derivadas de contratos colectivos que pudieran afectar sus posibilidades de postulación. Agradecemos mucho tu comprensión y colaboración.