Staff Software Engineer, WEBPostula
At Scotiabank we have created Digital Factory, with the purpose of creating a digital bank that simplifies people's lives and helps them achieve their goals through relevant, inclusive and reliable experiences, with the best local talent.
Purpose of the position:
Leads and oversees Staff Software Engineering, Web chapter at Scotiabank Peru ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
What we expect from you?
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
-Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field desirable.
-Typically 10 years of industry experience or more.
- Excellent knowledge of Software Design and Architecture, Programming Languages & Environments, Functional Programming, Algorithms and Data Structures, Frontend Development, Software Testing, Evolution and Maintenance, Operating Systems and Platforms and Secure Coding.
- Advanced skills in Solution Design and Architecture, Technology Architecture, Retail Banking Business Domains, Backend Development, Cloud Computing, Behavior Driven Development, Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Site Reliability Engineering, Threat Modeling and Application Security.
What challenges will you face?
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Conceptualize and design customer-centric software, developing key technical capabilities while optimizing value delivery, with a keen sense of software craftsmanship and customer experience. Go deep in software modeling, patterns, share and reuse.
- Design and development of web/mobile software components and services that leverage and extend digital capabilities, and provide world-class digital experiences.
- Develop high quality, maintainable and evolvable software, caring for key software metrics and assuring proper testability and testing coverage.
- Follow, develop and promote secure coding practices, being aware of potential security vulnerabilities and guarding from them.
Take operational ownership for the software you build and support. Work with multidisciplinary teams to solve major incidents, improve SLOs and guarantee a world-class customer experience. Note this may require working outside office hours on occasion.
- Leader in the software development lifecycle, take ownership for initiatives and technical decisions at a program level and take ownership for your work and your craft.
-Mentor and actively provide coaching to other members in your program.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Ofrecemos un buen ambiente laboral, prestaciones superiores a las de ley, la oportunidad para realizar voluntariado y/o actividades de Responsabilidad Social. Scotiabank esta considerado como el mejor grupo financiero para trabajar en Perú y con presencia internacional.
Agradecemos tu interés, sin embargo, únicamente los candidatos/as seleccionados para entrevista serán contactados.
**Scotiabank es una empresa incluyente, que respeta la diversidad y no hace ningún tipo de discriminación**